Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Anyone else


hate the new "SyFy" channel (aka SciFi)?

It looks stupid down there in the corner while I'm watching Ghost Hunters or some silly B Fangoria mentioned movie on a Saturday while I'm vacuuming.

I haven't done any research into it but I've heard that They did it in an attempt to move away from sci-fi nerds.
Like that whole "Trekkies" vs "Trekkers" bullshit nonsense crap.

What's wrong with being a nerd?
or being associated with nerds?
or dorks.
or freaks.
or weirdos.

Pretty much every label you can think of that might fall under those "types" that enjoy science fiction.
Except creeps. Creeps are never good. Ever.

Even their slogans/campaigns were cooler under the SciFi logo. They'd single out the "iF" in the middle and do a cool "boy playing soccer with the lockness monster or dragon type thing" or "man getting on crowded elevator blows on his thumb to inflate himself and push everyone on the elevator off the elevator". There were more but I can't recall them right now....
Even the word "if" is cool.....

"SyFy" is lame. The slogan is lame. "Imagine Greater."? Boring. They can't tell me what to do. They're not the boss of me. I'll imagine however I want to, about whatever I want to, whenever I want to.
They could've made it cool by using "Imagine More Greater" instead.
Although these are pretty cool. As is this.
But now they're just wowing us with production value and slightly less cleverness.

And they still appeal to nerds.

3 comments:

Willie said...

Funny how the SyFy spots look a lot like the SciFi "iF" spots...they just did it with shadowy white CGI. No offense.

My verification word is "brophr". Sounds like how a drunk dude would refer to an establishment dedicated to prostitution.

Unknown said...

ssooooo...what are you saying?
are you telling me this was a pointless post?

Willie said...

My bad on the confusion. The "no offense" part was a mediocre attempt at being funny because I said "shadowy white" and it would have made more sense if I said "shady white" because then the "no offense" probably would have clicked because...uh...you're white. Tada!