Friday, August 12, 2011

Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros

I have a lot of favorite songs on this album, too. This was the first song I heard and gets stuck in my head a lot.
My other favorite song is "Home" which is now being used in a commercial or 2. That song brought tears to my eyes the first time I heard it. (shut up, I'm a girl. its allowed when something is that stinkin' sweet.)
I think "Janglin'" is in another commercial, too.

That's what happens, you know.
You love a song so much, you get smothered by it with marketing until you love it a little bit less.
So far, the love for these songs hasn't worn off yet.
They have a new album coming out soon, as well.
Advertising folks will be thrilled.

These are probably my very favorite damn dirty hippies.
If you saw them on Conan or any other shows they performed on, you know there's like 12 folks in the band and they have dreads and beards and wear sheets for pants.

We missed seeing them at The Social last October - it sold out pretty quickly by the time we found out about the show. That venue is pretty small, so I bet after the band got in there, they only had room for like, 3 other people.
-------------------------
IN OTHER NEWS:
We're either going here or here tonight and then to see this.
So, look forward to reviews & shit over the weekend and then for Movie Monday.

No comments: