Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Things To Do Before You Croak

I've always had a list of Things To Do Before I Die.
Middle school was the earliest I can remember having it but I've never written it down on paper or any other medium.
Lately, I hear old(er) folks call it a "Bucket List" because of that dumb Jack/Morgan movie.
There's a show coming up this month on Mtv called The Buried Life based on something similar and it looks pretty badass so that emmineffer is gettin' thrown onto the dvr, fo sho'.

Here's my list from what I can remember over the years (as well as recently):
  1. SCUBA certification
  2. Write/Publish a book
  3. Live somewhere other than Florida
  4. Travel the world
  5. Swim with great whites in barrier reef
  6. Go sky-diving
  7. Be on TV - done (when I was a kid, we went to Universal when they taped a Nickelodeon show and I was in the audience)
  8. Have a painting in a gallery/art show
  9. Own my own biz being generally creative
I'll add more as I remember/think of stuff.

What's on YOUR list??

1 comment:

Willie said...

1. Single engine pilot's license.
2. Fart in the seat of a Bentley
3. Train with a SWAT/Counter-Terrorism/Hostage Rescue Team and breach a room or two.
4. Take Jemara to the Blue Grotto in Capri, Italy.
5. Write, direct and edit a full-length feature film.
6. Sit down with like minded individuals and have a meal of various pieces of wonderfully cooked offal and damn good vino.
7. Go into space and officially earn the title of astronaut.
8. Cow tipping.
9. Play Augusta with a few of my golf buddies while smoking a Romeo y Julieta Churchill-Cubano and taking brief hits from a flask filled with Springbank.
10. Find someplace quiet and just sit, read and write for a couple weeks.