Friday, May 6, 2011

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones

I was going to do a different album today, but while I started to type shit out, "Warrior" popped up in my head.*
And when Karen O speaks, you have no choice but to listen.
If you turds live under a rock and don't know YYYs, you might recognize her voice from the "Where The Wild Things Are" movie soundtrack, but I think at this point their songs have been around in commercials and on RockBand and stuff, so its hard to not be aware of them.

Show Your Bones was the 2nd album from the trio.
All their albums are effing wonderful. I love them all equally. They should have another one coming out pretty soon. The last one came out in 2009. Would be nice to hear something new from them.

Matt, Pannacakes, & I went to see them back in...shit....2003?
At The Social downtown.
Matt drank himself sick (not the barfy kind) on PBRs that night and talked to Karen O.
We looked like this:

----------------------------
*Chose not to use "Warrior" for the blog cuz you can look it up for yourself. Seriously, if you haven't listened to YYYs before, do yourself a favor. Your earholes will thank you....

No comments: