Monday, May 23, 2011

Movie Monday - Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides

I wasn't too excited about this flick until I saw the trailer for it last weekend when we went to see Thor.
The mermaids sold me.

And Ian McShane who kicks ass in everything he does.

While this felt like the last hoorah for the franchise, it kept the fun going and still left some openings for more story, although Matthew said he heard that Johnny Depp wasn't doing another one.
I can imagine that character would get tiresome after 8 years.
This one wasn't the complicated over-cgi'd craziness the last one was.
It had a nice pace you could follow without there being 5 different story lines jammed in.
The only other recurring characters besides Jack, was Gibbs (the mutton chops dude), Barbosa, & you see that damn monkey, too.
Keith Richards made his appearance as well...briefly.

Did I mention the mermaids?
They had fangs.
And there were hundreds of them.

I give this movie 3 out of 5 mermaid tears.

HOLY CRAP...the first movie to not get 4 out of 5 somethings.

No comments: