Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back To Normal, I Guess & Other News

You may or may not have noticed that we're in mid April and I haven't blogged much.
Pretty sure you didn't care.
But I'll tell you why anyway.

DAY JOB!!
There's a funny little phenomenon that happens in the corporate/sales world every 3rd month.
Its called End of Quarter or EOQ.
During the last 2 weeks of every 3rd month, everyone in sales & sales operations runs around like bees are chasing them as they try to scramble & close their larger deals that have been rotating in the sales cycle for months on end.
If we get these deals in just before the buzzer on the final day - it makes people look like heroes.
If we get these same sort of deals in at the beginning of the quarter, people don't make as big of a deal about it.

I don't know why this happens - but it does.
Consistently.
Every.
Third.
Month.

So, between March 21 & April 1, I worked damn near close to 160hrs.
There's not a whole lot to talk about when one is working that much.
All work and no play makes Karen a BoringAssBitch.
The only fun that was had during the weeks in there was a dinner date to see Animal House outside at Enzian (& not counting weekend funs like Playlist Live, etc).
Then we had a crazy ass storm that knocked our power out for 2 or 3 days and the crazy ass hours I would've spent working from home, I had to work at the office.
*huff*

So last week, when the dust was settling from EOQ.....I started to get sick with a head cold.
Lots of sleep and chicken soups later, I feel much better & can finally breathe through BOTH of my nostrils. Although, this phlegm is STILL annoying the snot out of me.
....haha....snot, get it?

With us now caught up....I've recently been brainstorming about how fuckin' rad it would be to blog more consistently and thought it might be easier if it were mapped out.

Such as:

Sunday Confessions.
Movie Monday.
Youtube Tuesday.
Current Event Wednesday.
Thursday Thank Yous.
Friday Jams.
Saturday-day off?? or something completely random.

Haven't quite decided yet but that's what I've come up with so far and it may or may not start tomorrow.
Only one way to find out how it'll go, you know.
The suspense has GOT to be absolutely killing you.

If it goes well & I can keep up with it, this may turn into a vlog.
HOLY CRAP - YOU MIGHT GET TO SEE MY FACE!!
....maybe....
We can cross that bridge when we get to it.

No comments: