Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WTH Weds: AHS & The Yellow Wallpaper

Matthew's been listening to me for years, talkin' about The Yellow Wallpaper.
A story that stuck with me after a community college literature class I took in '99? I think.
The imagery Charlotte described was fascinating to me....all the "what ifs" you could derive from it.

It made me so insanely happy that it was referenced on this week's American Horror Story.

And I had two "I told you so" moments...

1. When Tate unzipped the rubber suit.

2. When they committed crazy ass Viv.

I feel good about going into a mid-season finale....
wait....
are they doing that like they are with Walking Dead?

They said 'next Wednesday on...." right?
Eh...I still feel good.

On a side note, its a little bit funny that when American Horror Story was done, Matthew flipped it from the dvr to a random skinemax flick called Life On Top.
Then changed it to Time Bandits after shouting, "midgets!" just as Life On Top was getting to the final pocketchange* shot.

-------------------------------------
*haha...get it?  pocketchange.  cuz softcore doesn't exactly have money shots.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Didn't we KNOW it was Tate because we saw him wear the suit once when he snuck up on Violet?

My next prediction - a) Viv loses the twins. Maybe still at full term. But, they'll be freakishly deformed. OR b) They're born and it's a whole good vs. evil "The Omen" kind of thing.

Unknown said...

I don't know if we really KNEW anything up until this episode. Earlier it was a guess & we didn't see him in it again until recently.
But I figured it was Tate with those inexperienced hip thrusts on Viv. haha That boy was a jackrabbit.

I like your predictions.
We already know they have little hooves.

Deb said...

Hmm... I thought her doc said there were no hooves. I'm thinking maybe the ultrasound nurse/tech/whatever that berated her in the Church has an innate ability to see evil that others don't - kind of like "Grimm" (do you watch that?). Hooves, horns, who knows what those things look like. :)

Unknown said...

but her Doctor is creepy, too. Like Dr. Sapperstein from Rosemary's Baby!!
trust NO one!

Deb said...

As I was typing my previous comment, the same thing about the doctor occurred to me too.