Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Confession - Progress

"May" after Day 2 & in shitty lighting:

I'm comfy with her face now but her left foot is pissing me off.  There's been at least 3 revisions of it today.
The scissors almost look real on this photo.  That's pretty badass.
The scalpel will get some detail work to change it from a butter knife to a scalpel.
I gave her a cigarette this a.m.  She deserved it.  Going all night with a receded hair line and no face.

There's a lot of Disney & Archer influence coming through, I think.
Or I could just be full of shit.

I confess: this is the first time I've drawn/painted a full human figure and its cool to see it come through the way I see it in my head.  That's always been kind of a frustration point.
Also learned today, hands are difficult.  There were probably about 2 or 3 attempts at a sketch for that where the smudges are on the "floor" under the cooler.  Will be practicing over the next couple of days.
Post a Comment