Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sunday Confession on Tuesday - 4th Class Review

I was cranky before arriving at class last week.  Dayjob was annoying me and then I got stuck in traffic after stopping for gas.
I got there about 10mins late and everyone was already set up and working on that October piece.
Sally, the teacher, had the commission she'd mentioned working on, on display.  You can see it down there on the right.  The dogs.  She likes painting people's pets.


We worked on "October" for a bit after going through "toning" a canvas.....which is basically your primer coat that you build from.
Here's what my "October Barf" looks like after the 4th class:


Everyone was so tired of this one and vocally ready to move on.  My little red-roofed house looks like it needs stick figures outside of it.
The more we work on it, the more I kinda like it.  I'm just gonna keep adding to it and will keep you posted & show it again when I think its done.
In maybe a year, at this rate.
While this has helped to give me a new appreciation, landscapes aren't really my thing.  
Luckily, for me....after our toning dried, we got to work on our base lines for this VanGogh:

Yay.  More landscapes.

Pretty sure everyone will get tired of doing this one, too.  Although, we get to play with heavy medium and will be gloppin' that shit up.

We're all such good students.  Look at us, paying attention and crap.

Here's what my garbage looks like so far:


Kinda lookin' forward to layin' it on thick and smearing that shit around.  Stay tuned.

No comments: