Saturday, December 12, 2009

5mins worth of Sound

I was laying across the bed staring out the window and started thinking about all the sounds I could hear and I thought, "Man, there's a lot of shit going on...all the time...." and then wondered how many layers there were.
Inside of 5 mins, I heard all of the following:

Squirrels
Airplane Traffic
Road Traffic
A motorcycle down the street
Birds
My cat beside me making lickin', hollerin', and purrin' noises
Matt in his office singing and then coming in to ask me what I was doing.
The hum of the aquarium bubbler.
The t.v. downstairs
Matt back in his office typing, playing music clips and crap on his computer
My toe cracking

And now, as I type this, I can hear my neighbors talking (about diarrhea?), someone banging on something, and a vacuum or leaf blower running somewhere...

Can you think of a time when you heard absolutely nothing?

1 comment:

Willie said...

- A squirrel running on my roof
- Cars driving by on Wekiva Springs Rd
- The fans blowing in the bedroom
- Greg Kinnear making an attempt at punching Jack Nickelson and then telling him off in As Good As It Gets (oh, the GREAT scene when Helen Hunt goes to confront Jack and she's all nipply just happened!)
- The fan and hard drive on my laptop
- My fingers pressing the keys as I type this