Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hello, My Name is ______ and I'm a junkie.

My favorite way to watch tv is on dvd. You don't have to wait for a week or 2 for a new episode, there are no commercials, no stupid pop ups for what's coming on next...ALL bonuses.
I've been addicted to watching Rescue Me from season 1. I'd not seen an episode before and RRB (recently retired blogger) Willie had let me borrow his season 1 on dvd months ago to watch and I tried it at that time and but had a hard time paying attention to it - shiny things were distracting me. Brought it home and lost track of it. Then one day a couple of weeks ago, I was impatiently awaiting my netflixed 6ft Under Season 3 disc 3 to arrive and went scrounging for something else to fill the void and Willie's copy of Rescue Me jumped out at me. I went through those dvds like they're the free sample, leaving me a complete fiend. So, I tell my fireman friend, John, that I've been watching it and he says, "Oh, here, you can borrow season 2." John is an enabler. Since I've been tellin' Matt that he needs to watch it too, he goes and downloads season 3 and 4 and I went through those over the course of the past three days. Matt walks in tonight, while I'm watching the last episode and says, "Would you love me more if I were like Tommy Gavin?" My reply:
Yes. Yes, I would.

2 comments:

PackMatt73 said...

tough part is....I like Franco

Willie said...

Good blog. Glad you like the show. As for me being in retirement, I'm about to pull a Michael Jordan. ;-)