Saturday, August 16, 2008

Have you ever had that dream....??


During one of my recent trips and after having a few drinks with dinner and a couple with the fellas afterwards, I crashed in bed around 12:30am.  I wasn't completely hammered - just had a good happy buzz and crashed out instantly.
Suddenly, I woke up and was walking down the hallway outside of my room.  I remember the slight & blurry feeling that there was a reason why I was going down the hall and I was ok with it.  Then I woke up even more and realized I was two things:  1. Locked out, and 2. Completely naked (since I don't wear pjs).  If anyone had been out in the hall with me, I'm sure they would've seen the panic wash over my face right at that moment.  I scurried back to my room door and tried to jimmy the lock with the "no service/later please" door tag like I've been able to do in the past to other, less secure doors.  No dice this time - room doors in chain hotels are like vaults.  So - I duck my head out in the hall to see if the coast was clear and started to make my way - quickly - toward the front desk (on the same floor, luckily for me no elevator ride).  On my way in that direction, there was a conference room door slightly ajar with the lights off.  I slid inside, thankful for the dark room.  There happened to be a phone right inside so I called the front desk.  They picked up instantly and I asked if I could be let back in to room 205.  
Him:  "You have to come to the front desk, ma'am." 
Me: "Please don't make me...."
Him:  "I'm sorry, ma'am, but you need to come to the front desk to get another key."
Me:  "But I'm naked and locked out...."
He made a noise like he laughed in his mouth and said, "How the...I'm sorry - I didn't know that.  I'm on my way."
I peaked my head out the door and saw him walk past on his way to my room.  When he turned the corner I checked the hallway again, looking both ways to make sure it was just me and him in the hall.  He was a door away from my room when I snuck up behind him, holding my boobs with my right arm, grabbed my new room key with my left hand, quickly unlocked my vault, and slipped inside the door thanking him very much.  Completely mortified and finally able to breathe again, I went back to bed, checking the clock that read 2:30am.  Which meant that I'd been asleep for a good 1.5-2 hours before waking up in the hallway - upright.  I went back to sleep and woke up in the morning so hoping that it really had been a dream.  Then I saw the extra key sitting on the desk next to the bent up "no service/later please" tag.
I've never sleep walked before in my life - to my knowledge.  First time for everything, right??

4 comments:

PackMatt73 said...

I'm afraid that I'm going to wake up in the middle of fighting crime...naked

Unknown said...

you are amazing.

Willie said...

Stealing some lines from one of your favorite movies:

May: You have really beautiful legs.
Ambrosia: I thought you said they were gams.
May: Gams, stems, wheels... whatever.

I LOVE that story. One day I'm going to tell it to my grandkids!

Ken Lowrie said...

You know it's funny, I have had that same experience more than once. Ok, ok, for me, it's more of a fantasy, and the woman does it on purpose to get me into her room... Out of curiosity, what hotel chains do you normally stay at? ;)