Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fat Saga Week 3 - State of Guts

I don't feel like weighing myself today.
I'm still eating well.  My jeans fit better.
I went to the gym 3, maybe 4 times.
Slacked off over the weekend because we were in Siesta Key and its been so rainy.
Rainy mornings command me to stay in bed a little while longer.
But I did manage to get up and after it this morning.
Hit the grocery store for more fancy water, meat, veg, & nuts.  They didn't have my favorite grass fed ribeyes, sadly.
Will check back tomorrow.
Raw organic cashews* are effing awesome.  I've also picked up raw organic sunflower seeds, walnuts, and almonds.

Matt & I had an interesting conversation this morning while I was eating my grass fed burger with cashews, post workout.
He (Matt, not the burger) was eyeballin' me and asked how the red meat was treating my guts.

I hadn't really thought about it up until this point, but in the past, after going to steakhouses and crap with friends, my guts were always pissed off with me from whatever I'd eaten.

Not so much anymore.  (knocking on wood)
I haven't had any uncomfortable issues and not much in the way of IBS pains/noises either.

The more I think about it, the more I realize, HOLY CRAP (literally)....I was effin' my body up big time to be in that much discomfort.  It wasn't like chronic pain or anything, but I seriously can't recall being in ANY over the past 3 weeks.

Nowadays, the only time I ever hear the belly monster is when I'm hungry.  It isn't due to borborygmus.

So, that's cool.

-----------------------------------
*which are NOT legumes.

ps.  THIS is the fuckin' business.  A small slice of that in a hot cast iron skillet with pink salt and throw one of those aforementioned ribeyes in, maybe some asparagus....that shit is perfection.

No comments: