Thursday, May 21, 2009

Favorite Little Things

I daydream.

A lot.
A few weeks ago, I was looking out the window at a beautiful day and started thinking about the senses and what my favorites of each are. Here's the list I came up with:

Sense: Sight
1. The bright green, yellow, or red/orange of trees (depending on season) against a bright blue sky.
2. The moon.
3. How teeny tiny everything is when you're in an airplane or just really high up.
4. sunsets on the water.
5. snow falling.
6. Lightning

Sense: Smell
1. Rosemary
2. Fresh ginger
3. Banana or punkin bread
4. Hot steamy pavement after its just rained
5. Laundry detergents/soaps
6. The beach

Sense: Taste
1. Salt
2. BBQ Pork Buns
3. Chocolate
4. Mint
5. sushi/sashimi
6. Earl Grey tea

Sense: Sound
1. Laughter
2. a kick ass drum riff
3. a kick ass guitar riff
4. the Trouble Popomatic Bubble
5. a good breeze through the trees (heh, that rhymed)
6. what you hear when you open any NYC window.

Sense: Touch
1. Warm clothes out of the dryer (jeans & towels especially)
2. smooth hands on my back/neck
3. cold rinse after a hot shower
4. the feeling in your guts/chest when on a roller coaster or similar
5. driving with the top down. sun on skin and wind through hair.
6. skinny dipping


Sense: 6th
1. I will keep these to myself in an effort to keep the magic alive.

No comments: