Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Coke Whore Gold Chain

One weekend, about 5 years ago, me and the girls (Pannacakes & Krackwhore) went to NYC for a May birthdays trip.

We went to see Fischerspooner at a club in Tribeca (which was killer) and afterwards found a bar to grab a seat and get loud and rowdy.
Or in Pannacake's case, angry & sleepy.

At one point, it was time for me to visit the ladies room and I went downstairs to see another girl waiting outside the bathroom door.
She rolled her eyes and said she'd been waiting a while - we knocked.
There came a raspy voiced, "Hold on a fucking minute!" from inside.
A few minutes later a drunk chick in a tight black dress and heels staggers out and starts talkin' shit to us, obviously upset we'd ruined her bathroom party.
I say obviously because once she staggered out, a gentleman, of about 65 or 70 with white anchorman hair and a pimp 'stache follows her.
He's wearing a black suit with a black mock turtleneck.
He also has white powder on his lapel.

Rockstar gramps, fo'sho.
In my head, I'm high-five-ing him & laughing my ass off.  In real life, I have a full bladder and hope this drunk hooker don't start a fight I gotta finish.
The girl that was waiting goes & comes out, we laugh about what we just saw, I go, bladder happy once again.

I return to my beer and my friends and tell them what transpired.
Pannacakes makes a monster noise, takes an angry swing at someone for waking her up, then puts her head back down.

Moments later, the drunk hooker staggers towards our table.  She holds out her hand and from it drops a gold neck chain.  She says, "Yo, I'm sorry for talkin' shit at you downstairs when you was just tryin'a take a piss.  As a sign of my apology, I would like you to have this.  Its a really nice necklace."
She drops it in my hand and wanders off to return to her gentleman booger sugar friend.

This is the necklace she gave me:
Not as OG as gramps.

I still have it - but probably not for long, which is why I'm telling its story and snappin' a photo of it.
Thinkin' about putting it towards some creative jewelry ideas.
Details on that some other time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh Mammories...and in my defense. We had been drinking and "stuff" all day since about 10am. I was drunk and sober a good 3 times that day....I miss people just wanting to give us stuff...sigh

Pannacakes

Ink said...

awesome story!