Sunday, February 15, 2009

Veggies = Disruption and Confusion

So I've been veg for over a week now and here's what I've learned so far.
Its only a pain in the ass for other people.

Eva, the lunch lady at Nature's Table, makes me the same lunch at least once a week. When I come in, she knows that it'll probably be a Shanghai Chicken Salad. Asking for that same salad with rice in the bottom instead of a pile of chicken disrupts her work flow. She'll get used to it just in time for the experiment to be over.

A wait staff trainee at Dexter's took my order for a Grilled Veggie sammich with smoked gouda. Then she asked me if I wanted a "Build Your Own" sammich. No, I want the Grilled Veggie sammich (its on the menu). She asks me if I want cucumbers. Sure - that sounds good. Lava mustard? - Yeah, that stuff's yummy.
She brings back a french bread roll with lava mustard, melted cheese, and cucumbers. JUST cucumbers. Where'd all the grilled veggies go?? It was the flatest, saddest looking sammich ever. I get yelled at for starting eat it, but it took 20 or 30 mins just for cucumbers and bread and I'm super hungry by that point. She comes back and apologizes and offers to bring out some sprouts and tomatoes to add to my cucumber sammich. That made it a little better, but only a little.
Really....who orders just cucumbers on bread?? On top of that, who serves a Grilled Veggie sammich without any grilled veggies??

The guys made us a kick ass dinner last night for Valentine's Day and Matt had Lewis marinate and grill up a portobella mushroom cap. It was the BEST mushroom I've ever put down my neck. Plus, it looked like meat.

1 out of 3.

So far I haven't really noticed any body changes or anything. I get full quicker but feel like I can eat more cuz its just veggies. Maybe a slight hypersensitivity to the smell of meat cooking. We shall see how week 2 goes.

No comments: