Saturday, September 1, 2018

An Explanation -or- You Probably Think This Post Is About You

FOREWARD: If you want the full experience you have to click links and listen to music and pay attention to lyrics and read and shit like that.

If you don't wanna do any of that...byeeeeeeeeeeeee


If you do, HI!. Welcome to me.

******************************************

Intro theme song for this:





One of my facebook posts from last weekend:
I have so many things to say and it hurts to not really be able to

The replies and comments:

  • Are you ok? *
  • Here, try this [insert self-care advice and/or creative outlets]
  • Start blogging again!
  • We're here for you.
  • Call me if you need to talk.

....and then the family gossip that my mom told me about. 
Because they check in with her instead of talking with me about it directly, but that’s another story for another time. **

Let’s be real - do you think that I’m the type of person to put out a call for serious help on fucking facebook? I know how to use a goddamn phone AND how to reach you in case of any sort of real emergency.

I’ve vented there, yes.
I’ve looked for attention there, yes. 
Isn't that what it's there for? The giving and receiving of attention.
I’ve somewhat opened up about certain feels there once or twice, sure. Who hasn't? There are a lot of us going through the same stuff and when we find each other relatable in low times it really is so comforting.
We’re all a bit hypersensitive and moody AF in these years, and I do appreciate you reaching out, those of you who did. You are the wind beneath my wings.

But SO MANY times, I’ve bottled up super hilarious quips and insanely ridiculous comments, too. Usually because having to explain it sucks the funny out and by then they’ve probably missed their moments, or it would take 20mins to explain and would only make sense to me anyway.
It’s called a filter. Some of you have them, too.
Others don’t…you cheeky bastards.

Let me put it to you another way.
I read this article years ago about popcorn brain. Google it.
Go ahead – I’ll give you a minute…don't be lazy. Just do it.

So, after the last 20+years living the majority of my life online, when I’m in conversations with people out in the “meat world”, and especially after a few drinks, and with you all on my phone and so accessible due to the loveliest of all inventions: Social Media…I tend to pop off at the mouth occasionally when I can’t contain ALL the bottlenecked thoughts that are rattling around the old noggin.
When I popped off last Saturday, I was in a fiiiiiiiine place which was almost entirely full of face hurting laughter and running into interesting characters. I have witnesses.

I’ll end this with 3 things:

  •        Because my ramblings tend to take more than anyone really wants to read on facebook***
  •        Because some of you have been poking me about this for a while 
  •        Because I know it’ll help me to have this outlet which, who fuckin’ knows, might also help some of you.

I’m rebooting/reigniting my blog.




*dammit, I really wish my name were Annie now
**except you Deb. Thank you. Was nice chatting with you. and I don't blame them, cuz Janet kinda really fuckin' rules.
***it makes for good toilet reading in the morning


Outro theme song for this:



-->

No comments: