Sunday, December 19, 2010

Welcome Back & Crap

For the past week or so, my laptop was outta commission and then I got it fixed and then I mourned the pictures we lost (Boston trip) and now its starting to feel normal again even though I have yet to reinstall all my old crap.
Plus, Christmas.
Plus, Work.
Plus, Catching Up With Friends.
Plus, Christmas.

Around Thanksgiving, I'd posted on the facebook that it would be nice to have the month of December off.
Everyone's brains shut off anyway.
Only focusing on Christmas and all the decorating, baking, shopping, partying, etc that goes along with.
December is lovely.
Even more so when there's cold weather. And it has been, after a solid day of dreary gray drizzle or a clear windy night. & in snaps that last 2 or 3 days,

December is dressing in leggings and leg warmers and fuzzy socks and giant sweatshirts & blankets around the house.
Leather jackets, fun scarves, awesome boots & sequins when going out.

December makes me want to cook soups, cookies, & cranberry salsa. (There aren't too many things prettier than cranberries covered in sugar.)
Hot chocolate spiked with peppermint schnapps.
Winter lagers, ciders, and stouts.

December smells like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, & a Balsam/Cedar Yankee Candle.

December tastes like Santa's White Christmas coffee, cookie dough, & nut covered cheese logs.

Yes, I said "logs".

It tastes like Li'l Smokies wrapped in Crescent Rolls.
Sausage & Cheese on tiny bread slices.
Chocolate & Powdered Sugar-Covered Cereal.

I could really go on and on, but you guys are probably tired of me already, even though I've been gone for a while.
Didn't get any complaints this time.
You must've been too wrapped up in your own Decembers. :)

No comments: