Monday, June 8, 2009

MOVIE!!

Here's the deal - starting today - I'll only review movies if I think they're good. If they're boring I probably won't mention them here, cuz....What the hell for? If a movie sucks or is incredibly boring (like Terminator), why even talk about how bad I think it is? You can go waste $10 and find out for yourself.

I'm not one to say, "Oh, man - this really smells like shit.....Here, smell it."
So I won't do that with movies either.

Oh! I also won't mention movies I haven't seen....cuz....well.
Duh.

Anyway - here's what I thought of "Drag Me To Hell":

First I should tell you that I LOVE Evil Dead 2. One of my all-time faves. I remember seeing it over at my friend Angela's house cuz we weren't allowed to watch rated R movies in our house. I must've been like 10 or 11, I think.
So when this came out and it was Sam Raimi's return to the genre, I was pretty excited. And then I saw the rating. Friggin' PG-13. PG-13 "horror" movies usually suck. They show all the good stuff in the trailer on tv so when you go to see it, there's nothing scary anymore cuz you've seen it all already. This movie had quite a bit shown in the trailer, but it totally didn't suck at all!!
IT WAS GREAT!!
It had all the Sam Raimi trademarks in it - fun camera tricks, mud, eyeballs popping out, a talking animal, thunderous booming and unsettling noises....
We jumped atleast 3 times. And yes, I said, "we". Usually in scary movies, Matt does all the jumping.

Hmmm...now to decide on a rating system.
I will give this movie.....

4 1/2 out of 5....

Oh wait - if I'm only going to review movies I like, then there's really no point in giving it a rating system. They'd all end up being 4 or 5 stars - cuz I like them.

This movie kicked ass and is much fun!!!
I'm so excited that another Evil Dead movie is in the works for release in 2010.

And now I will drift off to sleep while George Romero's Diary of the Dead is playing on one of the movie channels.

No comments: