Monday, June 8, 2009

BOOK!!

Just finished it!!

Here's my review:

It was good.

The End.

That would be funny if that's all I really had to say about a 650 pg book.
This was the most Clive Barker I've ever read. The very first Barker book I read was "Thief of Always" when I was like 13 or 14. After that I listened to "The Damnation Game" book on tape. That was pretty cool - good gross imagery. I really don't remember too much of either story.
This Barker book also had good gross imagery. In a nutshell, it's a classic 'good vs evil' story with a cast of a handful of characters and a bunch of spiritual themes & symbolism.

I think my favorite part was the Lix. I won't say anything more than that.

There's a good intro by Clive and its difficult to read it without hearing his raspy voice.

Moral of the story: There's only the mind and a show. A Great and Secret Show.

No comments: